Friday, December 19, 2014

Raymond's Run by Toni Cade Bambara

You will post your answer to one of the following questions that includes a quotation from the text and your thinking around it. You are also expected to read other people’s comments and to respond to at least one other person’s thinking.

  • What issues (or big ideas) are hiding in this text? What does the text say about this issue?
  • What else have I read or watched that has to do with this issue?
  • How does a character grow and change throughout the story? What do they realize through these experiences?
  • What is the author trying to say or teach you through this story?

If you have something that you really want to talk about, you can create your own question to explore.

2 comments:

  1. Squeaky changes her thinking after she wins the race against Gretchen. She watches Raymond run and that changes her aspect on things. "... Cause I'd I've lost this race, or if me and Gretchen tied, or even if I've won, I can always retire as a runner and begin a whole new career as a coach with Raymond.." , before the race Squeky was all about winning, "I'm the fastest thing on two feet.","... No one can beat me and that's all there is to it." Once she saw Raymond run, she wasn't all about herself anymore, she even dropped everything with Gretchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe that she changed her whole out look on the races and instead of keeping her talent all to herself she wanted to use it to help Raymond become a runner

      Delete